Reports to: Legal Administrator - Team Leader
Location: 2 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP
Hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Friday
The main purpose of this role is to respond to solicitors’ leasehold enquiries and generate the completion paperwork in a timely manner. In addition, this role will assist with the preparation and submission of company secretary filing requirements, and assist with the administrative aspects of sub-letting and other legal procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Reply to Enquiries (RTEs)
- Produce standard leasehold reply to enquiry (RTE) information packs for the portfolio of managed estates and review and update where necessary.
- Generate and assist with invoicing for solicitor's enquiries and Land Registry requests.
2. Customer Service & General Administration
- Provide front line communication (telephone, email and written correspondence) with solicitors, lessees, estate agents and financial advisors.
- Use and update Encore’s Qube property management software system.
- Order Land Registry documents via the on-line ordering system.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is processed, scanned, tagged within Qube and filed as dictated by the Company
- Assist with mail merging, letters and mass mailings to residents, tenants and lessees.
- Ensure the general office environment is maintained as directed by the by Operations Director and Legal Officer.
3. Company Secretarial
- Company Secretary duties including the filing of annual returns, company accounts and issuing of share certificates
- Maintain Company Secretarial software (PCSec) and Company Secretary folders.
- Administration of the notices and consent for sub-letting as per the sub-letting process.
Skills & Experience Required
- A good standard of general administrative experience is essential.
- 1+ years of general administrative experience is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills – competent in mail merging using the standard Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communication skills – letter writing and good telephone manner is essential
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and project management skills
- Excellent people skills – work effectively within a team and adapt your style as required
- Accountable: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution
- Thorough: attention to detail, the ability to think things through – not just follow a checklist
- Commitment: take pride in your work and care about your/the team’s performance
- Mature: common-sense approach. Remain calm & measured while juggling multiple projects
- Positive: an optimistic, can-do attitude that improves team morale