Reports to: Service Charge Accounts Co-ordinator
Location: 2 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP
Hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Friday with some additional hours as needed
The Service Charge Accountant is responsible for the effective client accounting of a portfolio of managed estates. The Service Charge Accountant is a vital part of the team, working closely with the Estate Management team and will also require regular interaction with external accountants plus some client correspondence. This is an exciting role which will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow.
In all areas, you will need to ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently applied to the required standards, delivering on time and with a high degree of accuracy. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure annual service charge budgets are accurate and loaded correctly with correct apportionments
- Periodic billing of service charges, ground rent and other charges to leaseholders
- Prepare end of year service charge accounts within agreed timeframe, before submitting to external Accountants for review
- Monthly bank reconciliations for client estates
- Produce quarterly management reports, for review with Estate Managers and clients. Analyse the expenditure v budget, arrears and cashflow position, producing a summary report
- Monitor the general health and correctness of the service charge accounts associated with your portfolio, supporting Estate Managers with relevant information
- Utilities and insurance recharging to leaseholders
- Corporation tax administration
- Answer leaseholder / client enquiries in a timely fashion
- Handle referred leaseholder service charge queries to resolution via either telephone or e-mail, or escalate to relevant Estate Manager
- Following up actions from AGM Minutes and directors meetings
- Assist the Client Accounting team with day to day / adhoc duties
Skills & Experience Required
- 5+ years of accounts experience
- AAT qualified
- Experience on service charge client accounting is desirable but not essential
- Experience of Qube or Tramps Property Management software is advantageous but not essential. The successful applicant will be fully trained.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and diary management
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information
- Excellent communication skills – letter writing and the written and verbal presentation of information
- Excellent computer skills – Proficient in all Microsoft programmes, particularly Excel, and competent in mail merging.
- Excellent Team Working – Ability to build working relationships with employees across the organisation.
- Accountable: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution
- Thorough: attention to detail, the ability to think things through – not just follow a checklist
- Commitment: take pride in your work and care about your/the team’s performance
- Mature: common-sense approach. Remain calm & measured while juggling multiple projects
- Positive: an optimistic, can-do attitude that improves team morale